Wednesday, July 25, 2012

As per Joey's request here is another update on wedding stuff.
We officially set the date! We're getting sealed August 15th at 1pm in the Nauvoo temple! We couldn't be happier! I've scheduled with the temple to receive my endowment the day before on the 14th at 5pm. I know that's kind of late in the evening but, Tom and I have to go to Carthage that day to get the marriage license. The offices close at 3pm so I scheduled it for 5 just in case something goes awry and we're at the marriage license offices till the very last minute. If that happens having the session at 5 will still give us enough time for us to get back to Nauvoo without stressing about the time. Long story short, I'm expecting (hoping) for you all to be there when I go through the temple.
I met with my Bishop Sunday and started the process for my temple recommend. Now all I have to do is meet with my Stake President and I'm set, I just can't meet with him until the 1st at the earliest. But my Bishop wants to have a brief pre-marital interview with Tom and I this coming Sunday. Same story with Tom's Bishop. Tom has his interview/meeting with his Bishop Thursday and I guess he wants us both there to have a little chat afterward.
We got our engagement photos shot last Monday by Nena. We picked our three favs and those are what we're trying to decide in terms of what to use for the announcements, which hopefully we'll be getting them out sometime this week or early next. I know Mom has forwarded those three to you but there were a lot more so I'll probably post them or something if you guys want to see them.
I found a dress at Candlelight Dresses on Saturday. Their bridal selection was really small, but I guess that's because they're getting rid of their wedding dresses completely. Anyway I found a one, it's cream (don't beat me Desi) and I'm going in this morning before work to meet with the alterations lady to have them make it fit me because currently it is WAY too big.
I talked to Mom on Saturday and she asked about colors for the wedding. When I had thought we were getting married in August I chose yellow and brown because yellow is my favorite color and brown is Tom's favorite color. The only trouble is that brown suits are ridiculously hard to find. Something about duplicating the dyes? Anyway we settled with Yellow, Black, and Gray instead. And when I say yellow I mean: This  shade of yellow. Sunshine yellow.
 or this 
I liked the thought to have the guys where yellow ties and black or gray pants. But I also like the idea to have  the girls where a yellow dress or skirt or something. Except for in the case of Cherstin and Wanda because I understand that having them wear yellow will make them look like they're in liver failure. In the end I'm not too picky. Y'all don't even have to wear those colors if you don't want to.
Also, Mom mentioned the idea of wanting to have our family and Tom's family meet together the Monday before or maybe just the night before for a big FHE type thing. Like we did with Mike's family before their wedding. So be prepared for that. Haha PS. when I talked to Mom about hotel arrangements she mentioned that not everyone would be staying in the same place and that was ok, but I guess now (at least from what I heard from Wanda) she's changed her mind.
Tom booked the stuff for the Honeymoon yesterday. We're going to Branson, MO.
Other than that there is not much else to handle for the wedding I don't think. Mom is handling the wedding dinner and we'll be making the boquet(s ?) together when we get to Nauvoo. I still have to find someone to do my hair and makeup the day of and we have to find a photographer.
I sure am loving not having to stress too much about planning things! :) Hooray for quickie Weddings!!!
Tom and I signed a lease agreement on the place in Springville. We move in August 1st. I'll post pictures when that happens. So far we've bought a bed and a couch, both of which we're supposed to pick up Saturday. If any of you have Brian's number that would be great. I need to get a hold of him to see if he can help us move the stuff. My big concern is the couch. I don't know...maybe we should just rent a u-haul for a day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment