Wednesday, October 1, 2014

September 2014

Mom and Dad

Hmmmm...I've been trying to think of things we did during the month of September. There is a reason I should journal, huh?

I guess it should be acknowledged that there were several birthdays for the month - Joey, Adam, Ben, and Mo. We hope they all enjoyed them.

That said, Joey had a TDY in Alabama and we had the opportunity to drive down and see him. I think that was the highlight of my month! And your Dad's too. Somehow you're always thrilled as your kids grow up and live such wonderful lives...but sadly...usually that means they're not at home any more! :( This is a warning to each of you!!! Lol. You're so busy in the thick of raising your families and I know you only dream of when the laundry is done once a week or there is no fighting or screaming or lost shoes, or there is more money at the end of the month than the bills, etc. But, the reality is that all the noise, messes, frustrations, sleeplessness, and sheer exhaustion quickly gives way to a wonderful life of quiet, order, pretty much all that you dream about in the hectic pace of your lives...but what you don't realize is how very much you'll miss those very years, those sweet, crazy, frustrating little bodies that never sleep when you want them to, create mess after mess along with mountains of laundry and dirty dishes, challenge everything you ever thought you knew, and love with every fiber of your body. Thankfully we have modern technology...but nothing is like spending a little time with one of those loves!

One of the church things that happened this month was my new calling as RS Meeting Coordinator. REALLY????? Your dad is convinced that it's because I never go! Lol. He's probably right! I wonder what it is that I have to offer...and what in the world the RS presidency or Bishopric was thinking...but it is what it is. Between organ, primary music, and now this - I'm pretty sure some of my peace and quiet has just been compromised! Lol.

Well - we send our love to all and wish you all a great next few weeks. Love, mom

Robert and Wanda

Things are going well in the Husted house. It’s always a little crazy when school starts in September, but this year was a little crazier with me starting school too, but I LOVE it. Robert is trying to get into a routine as the new Branch President, and Joseph is submitting papers for college. Rebekah has a last hour study hall this year, and since she’s a senior she can just come home early. Rachel says that seminary is much improved this year and I think she’s actually beginning to enjoy it. Mary’s first month in High School has been a bit rocky, but I think she’ll come around. Ben, Sam, and Ruth are all in soccer this month and it’s been a little crazy trying to stay caught up with practice times. Moroni is getting better at reading and Adam is smoking it in Reading Eggs. Interestingly enough, Hyrum is also beginning to read and spell. He loves to spell his name, cat, pig, duck, stop, and his new favorite word, friend. Joshua is sticking up for himself more and more. He is really quite an ornery little boy with big attitude. He reminds me a lot of Rachel at that age. We are all looking forward to a Nauvoo trip next month. We’re going camping and hopefully it won’t be during a heat wave.

Joey and Carlie

Joey -- pretty lazy month. He turned 38. He went TDY to Maxwell AFB in Montgomery, Alabama for the Language Enabled Airman program selection boards. He tried to go a few days early to hang out with Mom and Dad but was unable due to some issues with his orders. Mom and Dad did drive down to spend some time with him and eat dinner.

Carlie and Joey went to the Air Force Ball

Usually Joey has his jacket on too

Carlie took a trip it have friend to Yosemite National Park and hiked Half Dome.

September was a busy, but normal school month for Gideon, Glory and Scarlett. On the last Saturday they made it out to the stake youth service project where they picked apples for Ag for Hunger.

Status quo for Levi and Reah.

Mike and Desi

We are still just plugging away with everyday life. Mike's still working hard, and enjoys it. Emily and Mordecai are in full swing at school, piano lessons, and soccer. This last month we attended a tree memorial for Emily's friend and soccer teammate. It was nice and Emily was able to share with Taneka, KK's mom, that we are LDS too. Emily and Mordecai also auditioned for the school talent show, playing piano pieces, and both made it. I am pretty proud that Mordecai didn't get nervous. Speaking of Mordecai they are learning about mammals at school and everyday he is coming home with words like viviparous etc. I just wish he would listen so closely when Mike and I talk. Ruby and Ivy are still very much a handful. Best friends one minute and enemies the next. They keep life busy...oh yeah Ivy turns 2 this month and I am kind of shocked. As for me, I started school this last month, I've also heard so have Wanda, Phil, & Hannah so good luck! The religion class is busy, I wish I was just taking an institute class. My general studies class seems so mundane and just busy work , but I enjoy the car ride to class with my dear friend Marci. Speaking of the class, I volunteered to play Love One Another for our first class because nobody else played the piano. The sister missionary assured me that we could just sing with the CD the rest of the course, however when I went to class last week she asked me to be the official piano player. It will be a good thing to help me better my piano studies. Also, about my friend Marci, she was just diagnosed with breast cancer last week. I was so sick for her. She had an MRI done today and hopefully surgery this week and then she will know her plan of action. Prayers for her would be appreciated. She is like family to us. Anyway, that's about all from us.

Phil and Hannah

September has been a super busy month for us!

Orion and William started school on the 2nd. William loves it! Orion does not. And so far this month they have both missed a day of school due to being sick and have both been pulled out early 3 times for various reasons. And they will be missing all day on Monday for dentist appointments. I am pretty sure their teachers are wondering if we really want them to get an education.

Oliver is kinda struggling with both of his playmates being off at school. He does ok with just Winston, but he asks daily if a friend can come over to play. He isn't really picky on who, just as long as SOMEONE comes over.

Winston is doing well. We have officially weaned him off of his reflux medicine. Hooray! We will have to monitor his weight a little to make sure that he is still gaining at the rate he should, but I think we are good. The kid eats like crazy! It's like he is trying to make up for all the time he spent not eating.

Philip and I were super ambitious and decided to cut down a 60 foot pine tree that was in our yard. A few weeks later, our backyard ALMOST looks normal again.

We also started Pathway. I am still questioning the brilliant idea we had to do it together.

And, as you all know by now, we found out on the 22nd that I lost the baby. I went in for my first trimester screen at almost 12 weeks, and baby was only measuring 9 weeks and there was no heartbeat. I went in for a D&C on the 26th. I am doing pretty good I think. I kinda knew that something wasn't right because I stopped throwing up a few weeks before we found out. The kids were all a little sad. When we told Orion, the first thing he asked was if it was because they (the kids) had made too much noise. Or if it was because Winston was pushing on my stomach. Philip and I assured him that there wasn't anything that anyone did to make me lose the baby.

.

Dan and Cherstin

I am thinking we are pretty boring. The kids are continuing with schooling. Most of our stuff is done by lunchtime. They spend the rest of the afternoons outside riding bikes and playing with friends. Our nearby mountains got dumped on yesterday, so we are keeping an eye on the forecast. Most tentatively put snow on the ground in Anchorage sometime next week. Emmett has a swim meet this weekend so we are going to have to catch Saturday's conference after the fact. The kids are actually happy with that. Lol

Tom and Felicia

Things in the Bibber household are going well! Noah is pulling up on things more and more every day. We're hopeful that he'll learn to walk sometime before high school. Haha We also moved into a bigger apt at the beginning of the month. Tom is also looking forward to Halloween at the end of the month. Other than that we are just staying busy with work and a 14 month old. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment